We all know the power of video to create trust. After watching a short video of someone talking, we feel like we know know them, even without actually meeting them.
Vacation rental owners/managers can now take advantage of this powerful psychological trigger to dramatically increase their bookings.
Until now, probably less than 1% of owners are utilizing owner interview videos to create trust and separate themselves from every other cookie-cutter listing on the internet. You will be interviewed by a third-party vacation rental website so it’s almost like being interviewed by a news station. Not only will this showcase your vacation rental, but it gives you instant credibility as we talk about & showcase your VR and the area.
Since we are re-purposing an industry insider video, it makes a clever, trust producing video for your guests. This is very important with all the stories in the news about vacation rental scams like this one in Consumer Reports or this one in Forbes. I would highly recommend embedding this video on your “About Me” page.
Benefits to You the Owner:
- Promotional “About Me” video interview produced for you.
- The video can be used on your website home page or about me page, listing sites like VRBO, and (very importantly) on your email correspondence.
- You can use on social media, even embedding the video into your Facebook page so it’s always visible.
- Builds trust, proves your listing is real, and gives a 3rd party endorsement of your vacation rental.
- Your video will also have it’s own blog post right here on VR Owner’s Guide, with links to your VR – driving more traffic to you.
- This could even be used as a PR piece: “As Featured In….” or used as a topic for a blog post on your website.
Your investment for Videos booked after July 1, 2014: $100
All you need to do is:
- A computer with high speed internet.
- A webcam. Lots of laptops have them built in. I just upgraded to a great HD webcam, but use what you have!
The exact format and questions I will ask you is as follows:
- Introduction: Who you are, where you’re from, and the location of your VR. [1 minute max]
- What’s your VR story: How & why you purchased the property? What you love about the area. [2 minute max]
- What is your top insider tip for your area? A little known attraction or favorite restaurant you would recommend? [2 minute max]
You will want to boil down your answers to several concise sound bites so we can keep these short & sweet – usually 2-4 minutes total.
Example “Owner Spotlight” Video
Here is one of my first interviews. I also write up a blog post like this that highlights your vacation rental.